Computers and Internet
Electrical outlets are:
- On Level 1 of the Centre building at the table right next to the elevators, by the first and last 8 computer stations along the shelves, at the tables in the last line of racks and places for group work (on the side of the building WNS);
- In the Computer Lab on Level 1 there are 14 extension cords between computers;
- On Level 2 of the Centre building at the tables right next to the elevators, the first and last 5 computer stations along the shelves, at the tables in the last line of racks and places for group work (on the side of the Social Sciences Faculty building)
- In the Reading Room - 10 extension cords.
Users with their own equipment can use the wireless Internet. It is possible to access the following networks::
- unauthorised (without possibility to use databases and services subscribed by the US and the UE);
- authorised provided authentication, that is entering username and password (authentication enables you to work in protected university network - applies to staff and students of the US and the UE. Information on configuration of the network for staff and students of the US.)
- authorised, subject to the time of access (login and password available at the Reference Desk on Level 0 - refers to other readers). Instructions for using the wi-fi.
The CINiBA employees do not configure users’ laptops to access the Internet.
In CINiBA, readers have access to over 100 computer workstations with Internet access, which are located on every level of the building, as well as in the Reading Room and other Rooms.
PC workstations in CINiBA network are installed to provide sources of information necessary to study and carry out research work, in particular - use of library catalogues and databases, scientific journals and scientific websites distributed via network within the US and the EU.
CDs requiring appropriate software can be played in the Multimedia reading room.