The book can be self-renewed by a reader if:
- the date of the return has not expired for any of the books borrowed,
- no copy of that particular edition has been reserved by another reader,
- the book has not been renewed at the circulation desk,
- book has not been previously renewed 3 times.
Caution! Each book can be renewed up to 3 times. Therefore, in order to maximise the rental period it is the best to prolong the book immediately before the due date.
To self-renew a book, a reader should:
- Log into a library account, the icon is in the top bar of the catalogue windows
- Click the “renewable items” bookmark (in this case you have to wait, because the data may download slowly), a list of books that can be renewed is shown,
- Click the “renew” button by the book we want to extend the rental period - the system asks for confirmation
- If we click the “YES” button, description of the book appears – with a new date of the return indicating that the renewal is successful.