§1. Definitions used in these terms and interpretation provisions
- The Scientific Information Center and Academic Library (hereinafter CINIBA) is the organizer / co-organizer / host of events taking place in CINIBA building and rents rooms to other institutions organizing events at CINIBA building.
- Renter means a person or institution who rents and uses rooms and is responsible for organizing event.
- Event means training, conference, workshop, exhibition, symposium or other scientific or educational event taking place in the CINIBA building.
- Event Administrator – an employee from CINiBA - is responsible for proper conduct of event and for carrying out administrative functions of event.
- Handover protocol/acceptance report - document for handover/receipt of rented rooms, signed by Renter and Event Administrator, defines condition and equipment of rooms (Annex 1 - Types of rooms
§ 2 General rules
- In order to organize event, rooms are rented during CINiBA opening hours. Event has to finish at least half an hour before end of CINIBA's opening hours. Rental of rooms outside CINIBA’s opening hours is considered individually and is subject to separate arrangements.
- Organized events cannot interfere with the functioning of CINiBA. Due to specific of CINIBA function, every effort should be made to keep quiet at Library Users workplaces.
- CINiBA rooms are rented together with it’s permanent equipment (a detailed description of rooms and equipment is included in Annex 1 - Types of rooms). The arrangement of furniture in Conference Room is not subject to modification. In Didactic Room, changing the arrangement of furniture is allowed provided that it is restored to its original state after event. Renter changes the furniture settings on their own.
- Rented room with its equipment is passed to Renter by handover protocol. Renter is responsible for entrusted property listed in the protocol from the moment of handing over.
- By prior arrangement, it is possible to rent additional multimedia equipment that is available in CINIBA (in accordance with Annex 1).
- Renter who plans to use their own multimedia equipment necessary to organize event is obligated to indicate this in handover protocol and to agree on this subject before event starts. CINiBA reserves right to prevent use of equipment with incorrect parameters in rented rooms of the CINIBA building.
- Renter leaving rented room after event is obligated to return it with equipment to Event Administrator from CINIBA.
- Technical condition check of rented rooms and equipment does not have to be conducted after event finish, on the day of event. Any damage will be recorded in the damage report (Annex 2).
- Renter is obligated to remove any damage that happens during organizing or during event on own cost. All damages will be recorded in the damage report (Annex 2).
- Renter is obligated to leave rooms clean. Renter covers all costs of any additional cleaning resulting from organizing the event. Details on this matter should be agreed at stage of submitting application form (Annex 3).
- Renter is charged with cost of renting additional security service to protect organized event. Arrangements in this regard should be made with the Center Office of CINIBA.
- Renter conducts information activities and prepares promotional materials related to the event in consultation with the CINiBA’s specialist for PR.
- Guests can bring their personal luggage into the building. Jackets, coats, bags etc. should be left in cloakrooms or lockers.
- Inside the building and in its area, smoking is strictly forbidden.
- Renter is obligated to comply with the Regulations for Organization of events in building of the CINIBA and to follow instructions of the Building Manager in areas of safety and order. Failure to follow instructions may result in event being immediately finished.
- Initial reservation should be made after agreeing the date via application form (Annex 3).
- Confirmation of reservation is decision of Director of CINiBA, deputy or an authorized employee.
- After receiving information about acceptance of event, Renter should deliver to the Center Office of CINIBA a printed and signed application form together with a signed statement about agreeing on rental costs and accepting provisions of Regulations for Organization of events in the building of the CINIBA, which is an integral part of the form.
- Renter is obligated to keep CINiBA informed about any changes in organization of event (cancellation of reservation, change of hours, etc.).
- Handover of rented rooms may take place not earlier than 24 hours before the event.
1. Personal Data Administrator
Administrator of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. Contact details for Administrator:
- by post to address: 12 Bankowa St., 40-007 Katowice,
2. Data Protection Officer
Contact details for Data Protection Officer in all matters regarding processing of personal data and data protection rights:
- by post to address: 12 Bankowa St., 40-007 Katowice,
3. Legal basis and purposes of processing personal data
Legal basis for processing of personal data is based on Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation):
a) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (data in application form to register room(s) for event)
b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (data for the preparation and implementation of a cooperation agreement)
c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the administrator is subject (fulfilling the legal obligation of the university resulting from accounting and tax regulations)
d) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary for booking of room (s), cooperation agreement and financial settlement, including tax declaration. Lack of consent to provide data will make it impossible to complete reservation. Providing data is a legitimate interest pursued by administrator, for statistical purposes (in scope of renting university premises) and important to possible establish, pursue or protection of claims.
4. Personal data retention period
Personal Data Administrator will store personal data for period necessary to document activities related to rental of rooms, but no longer than until consent for data processing is withdrawn (if the legal basis for data processing is consent) and there is no other legal basis for processing. In case of processing of personal data is necessary to comply with legal obligation for the University, Personal Data Administrator will store data for the statute of limitation period of tax liability. These periods may be extended if it is necessary to establish, pursue or protection of claims for renting room (s).
5. Data recipients:
Personal Data Administrator may transfer data to public authorities or entities authorized to obtain data on basis of applicable law.
6. Personal data processing related rights:
Rights of the data subject:
• right of access by the data subject;
• right to rectification of personal data that is incorrect and incomplete;
• right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), in particular in case of withdrawal of consent to processing, if there is no other legal basis for processing. This right does not apply to extent that processing is necessary in particular to comply with a legal obligation requiring processing by law; to establish, pursue or protection of claims;
• right to restriction of processing of personal data;
• right to object - the data subject shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her, including profiling based on those provisions and for direct marketing purposes, or for purpose of performing a public task. NOTE: in case of processing for purposes of direct marketing, you can object at any time, regardless of specific situation; • right not to be subject only to automated decision making, including profiling;
• right to lodge a complaint to supervisory body dealing with protection of personal data, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
§5. Final provisions
- CINiBA reserves right to bring reaction (including refusal to rent rooms) against a Renter who do not comply with provisions of these regulations.
- CINiBA reserves right to amend these regulations. The applicable Regulations for the organization of events in the building of the CINIBA are published on the CINIBA website.
- In matters not covered by these regulations, the legal order applicable in the buildings of the University of Silesia in Katowice, as well as the provisions of the Civil Code should be applied.
- Disputes are settled by the court competent for the seat of the University of Silesia in Katowice.